Harvard-Westlake received a variety of feedback during its extensive outreach process and revised the site plan to reflect that input. The revised site plan preserves vital community resources, boasts a number of environmental improvements, creates new public facilities, and protects the surrounding neighborhood. Specifically, the revised plan calls for:
- Preservation of the Weddington clubhouse, cafe, and putting green and maintaining their access for public use.
- Relocation of tennis courts to the northern area of the property, immediately to the west of the clubhouse building. A public courtyard and gathering space have also been added between the clubhouse and the tennis courts.
- Reduction in the size of the gymnasium from three basketball courts to two, significantly shrinking the footprint of the building.
- Addition of earthen berms, sound walls, and canopy along the west and north sides of the River Park to shield the neighborhood from noise.
- Relocation of athletic fields
- The west field has been moved south, toward the LA River and further away from Valley Spring Lane.
- The east field has been moved substantially south, toward the fire station and gym and away from Valley Spring Lane.