Harvard-Westlake received a variety of feedback during its extensive community outreach process and revised the site plan to reflect that input. The plan preserves vital community resources, boasts many environmental improvements, creates new public facilities, and protects the surrounding neighborhood. Specifically, the revised plan calls for:
- Preservation of the Weddington clubhouse, cafe, and putting green and maintaining their access for public use.
- Relocation of tennis courts to the northern area of the property, immediately to the west of the clubhouse building. A public courtyard and gathering space have also been added between the clubhouse and the tennis courts.
- Reduction in the size of the gymnasium from three basketball courts to two, significantly shrinking the footprint of the building.
- Addition of earthen berms, sound walls, and canopy along the west and north sides of the River Park to shield the neighborhood from noise.
- Relocation of athletic fields
- The west field has been moved south, toward the LA River and further away from Valley Spring Lane.
- The east field has been moved substantially south, toward the fire station and gym and away from Valley Spring Lane.